In 2002, the OU Club of Houston began sponsoring a series of luncheons entitled "OU in Houston" featuring guest speakers with direct or indirect ties with the University of Oklahoma. Previous speakers include:
- Dr. Stephen Norwood, OU professor of American History;
- The late Dennis J. O’Brien, director of OU’s Sarkey’s Energy Center;
- Billy Tubbs, former OU men’s head basketball coach;
- Ellen Censky, director of the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History;
- Dr. Stephen Sloan, OU professor of political science and counterterrorism expert;
- Robert Jordan, OU Law School graduate and former United States Ambassador to Saudi Arabia;
- Stephanie Rempe, OU associate athletics director and senior women’s administrator; and
- Patty Gasso, OU softball coach.
These luncheons are an important part of the OU Club of Houston’s activities.
Check the Web site and calendar for the next scheduled luncheon date and time.